Amgen Construction Project Manager in West Greenwich, Rhode Island
Amgen Rhode Island Capital Projects team currently has the need for a Project Manager with the following background and experience.
This Engineering Project Manager position will direct key construction projects and programs that will make a significant contribution to the site operation and risk profile. To be successful, the candidate must have strong leadership skills, communication skills, and the ability to approach issues from a strategic perspective, as well as significant experience delivering engineering construction projects in a highly regulated GMP environment.
Presently, as part of the Facilities & Engineering Organization, our team is responsible for leading key projects through excellence in Engineering and Project Management. It is critical for this individual to first and foremost understand Safety, Quality and Compliance are our highest priorities in how we manage and perform our work.
The Engineering Project Manager will lead project teams and interact across functional and site department groups to achieve project objectives. These capital projects, typically <$5M, could include facilities/utilities system and or equipment Lifecycle replacements, upgrades, manufacturing improvements and changes to support New Product Introductions.
With minimal guidance, the candidate will manage all aspects of their project(s): Safety, planning, cost, schedule, risk, communications, resources, team dynamics and performance, implementation, monitoring, completion and follow-up. Duties include:
• Implement projects by working closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, facilities, engineering, process development and quality assurance
• Supervise contingent workers as needed. These workers include construction managers and general craft labor including electrical, architectural and mechanical
• Manage any construction projects, safely and compliantly, oftentimes within an operational GMP facility
• Execute projects in accordance with all corporate requirements, such as Environmental Health & Safety by Design and Amgen’s Engineering Project Delivery process
• Present projects to senior leadership at governing bodies for updates and approvals
Doctorate degree OR
Master’s degree and 3 years of Project Management experience OR
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Project Management experience OR
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Project Management experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
• Minimum ten years field experience managing multiple crafts, contractors
• Engineering background preferred
• Be a team player, and self-starter who is capable of growth and increased responsibility
• Working knowledge of GMP Biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes and the functions that support them
• Significant experience of delivering Engineering Capital Projects from initial design through construction to commissioning/qualification
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential for this role
• Demonstrated ability in leading and motivating cross-functional teams to advance complex projects to completion
• Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain strong relationships within multiple functional areas
• Ability to tactfully and effectively negotiate and influence
• Proficiency in project management methodology and tools
• Demonstrated ability in leading craft of wide skills and expertise (Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, CSA)
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.