Amgen Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in Thailand
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Amgen is one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies. For over 4 decades, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics but has also invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world. Japan and Asia Pacific (JAPAC) is the fastest growing region in Amgen. Now we are hiring a Medical Science Liaison in Bangkok, Thailand .
What you will do:
Field-based (70%) medical affairs team member, responsible for Hematology, Oncology products and related-pipelines. Support with OL engagements, field medical insight collections and execution of local medical activities.
• Field-based medical expert in the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) group within the medical organization
• An integral position in communicating accurate, clear, and valued information regarding our science and products to multiple levels within the medical community and are responsible for providing field observations to internal stakeholders
• Support Regional TA Head (GPMD) and local TA Lead in developing local territory R&D Tactics
• Engage with healthcare stakeholders to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives.
• Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes and economic data to payers, providers, key stakeholders, advocacy, and access enablers
• Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
• Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal stakeholders
• Execute scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics
• Develop and implement local OL plans in line with the scientific engagement plan
Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
• Support Amgen sponsored research/ clinical studies and may serve as a study lead
• Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research
• Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
• Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others
• Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
• Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as main point of contact
• Maintain clinical acumen and expertise and timely completion of assigned training. May serve as a training lead.
• May serve as a New Hire Mentor and/or International MSL mentor/trainer
What we expect of you:
• Medical or scientific education (Minimally a relevant degree) or experience from similar positions
• Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MD) preferred or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training
• Strong fluency in English and Thai to be able to effectively communicate with local and international doctors and colleagues
• Minimum 3 years of experience in industry, or a related scientific field in academia
• Experience in affiliate Medical Department or Clinical Development is desired
• Willingness to travel within Thailand and SEA; possesses valid driver’s license is advantageous but not a must
• Experience with clinical study management and conduct
• Medical / scientific research experience
• Network of customer contacts Knowledge
• Scientific expertise in the therapeutic area, related products, disease state, and interested in latest discoveries
• Knowledge of value messages, clinical outcomes and patient benefits for the products
• Has solid understanding of their country local health care system and decision-making, stays on top of changes
• Demonstrates strong project management and presentation skills
• Knowledge of commercialization, business practices and codes of conduct
• Good knowledge of clinical research, drug safety, legal and compliance environment
• Willingness to continuously expand medical, scientific, market, and industry knowledge
What you can expect of us:
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination.
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney diseases, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.