Amgen Senior Specialty Rep - Cardiovascular - Toledo, OH in Toledo, Ohio
Territory covers: Toledo, OH
Relocation is not offered for this role
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Specialty Representative - Cardiovascular
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be the liaison to our customers by providing clinical knowledge of our products to medical professionals.
Amgen's medicines treat serious illnesses and our research address diseases with a limited number of treatment options. With a robust and differentiated pipeline, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives. As a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients, we are actively searching for a Senior Specialty Representative to deliver on this commitment to patients.
Amgen supports and encourages our team members to have long term, fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this opportunity to craft a long-term career with Amgen. The Senior Specialty Representative acts as the primary customer contact and is responsible for executing marketing strategy and promoting Amgen products as led by the District Manager.
Our Senior Specialty Representatives achieve territory sales by utilizing their background and experience to:
· Provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen's products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of the products to medical professionals
· Perform as a sales leader to achieve territory sales by executing and delivering branded sales messages strategies. This includes: delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets
· Utilize internal and external relationships to service and manage accounts which includes: ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts
· Analyze business effectiveness of sales activities and territory analysis, as well as develop territory plans with the District Manager
· Have passion for our products and sustain that passion through the entire sales cycle while always building our brand, never losing sight of how we serve patients
· Partner with other colleagues to share best practices and be in a state of continuous curiosity and learning to help grow as a Senior Specialty Representative
· Leverage passion for disease state awareness, industry, regulatory and competitive changes to deliver agreed results
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The sales professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of sales experience
Associate degree and 6 years of sales experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of sales experience
· Three or more years of sales experience within pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry Product or hospital sales experience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology, inflammation, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, hepatology, gastroenterology or infectious diseases; and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties
· Local market knowledge
· A Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration
· Adaptability with our Core Competencies: Planning and Organizing; Leveraging Business, Industry, and Technical Knowledge; Communicating with Impact; Driving for Results; and Cultivating Internal and External Relationships.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $115,292 - $143,030
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
Stock-based long-term incentives
Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.