Amgen Senior Associate – Process Development (PD) Pre-Pivotal Attribute Sciences (AS) in Thousand Oaks, California
Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate in Process Development who has a background in mass spectroscopy (MS), liquid chromatography (LC) and capillary electrophoresis (CE) to work out of our beautiful Thousand Oaks, CA. location. This hands-on laboratory-based position, Senior Associate, in PD Pre-Pivotal AS will run Product Quality (PQ) assays, for large volumes or high throughput (HT) sample submission for LC and CE analytical support within set turn-around time (TAT) to meet client’s expectations, as part of a team in ATO RA. In addition, this staff member will also help implement and test the automated mass spectroscopy method in Amgen Thousand Oaks Rapid Analytics group (ATO RA). The candidate will be an integral member of a dynamic team, collaborating with research scientists at multiple Amgen sites, and working closely with groups in other functional areas. This position reports to the Senior Associate Scientist of the Pre-Pivotal Attribute Sciences team.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Test samples using analytical tools, such as MS, LC and CE techniques
• Adhere to ATO RA TAT for HT samples
• Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks
• Work with development team to implement methods in ATO RA, analyze and interpret data
• Generate written reports as needed
• Communicate project updates as appropriate
• Solve technical problems with both instrument and assay issues as part of troubleshooting
• Participate and present scientific data in meetings
• Interact with clients for data and project demands
• Maintain instruments and follow lab’s general equipment cleaning protocols
• Help with sample scheduling and train new CWs
Bachelor's degree and 2 years scientific experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of scientific experience
High School Diploma/GED and 8 years of scientific experience
• Possess good technical analytical techniques for MS, LC, CE analysis
• Experience with automation and software for use in high throughput lab setting
• Proficient using data analyses software, such as Chromeleon, Empower, and 32Karat
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, a positive attitude and proactive mindset
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has
reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.