Amgen Marketing Manager, Repatha in Thousand Oaks, California
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Our Repatha® team is passionate about seizing the unique opportunity to bring the promise of biotechnology to millions of cardiovascular patients to make a difference in their lives. The US Marketing Manager, Cardiovascular will support the development and execution of a wide range of strategic and promotional tactics and activities focusing on Repatha. The Manager will support the execution of both personal and non-personal promotional programs and tactics targeted to Cardiology audiences that highlight the impact and consequences of cardiovascular disease and the potential clinical benefits of a new CV therapeutic in helping patients who have not achieved clinical goals on standard of care. This role is an excellent opportunity for a passionate individual seeking to join a high performing team committed to the successful growth of Repatha and to serving patients and their families affected by Cardiovascular disease.
Developing strategy, tactics and critical success factors
Developing promotional campaigns, messages, programs and sales tools
Coordinating the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, segment marketing, corporate compliance, consumer marketing and IS
Leading projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
Managing program budgets and developing metrics to ensure success of the promotional programs
Helping to guide strategic decisions and ensuring flawless execution of promotional campaigns and programs for Cardiology
Engage often with the Opinion Leaders and the global marketing team to ensure creation and flawless roll out of high impact, high value marketing tools that lay the foundation for launch
Collaborate with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, world class training on promotional tools and programs
Coordinates and drives market research planning
Master’s degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate’s Degree and 8 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
· Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in business, marketing, or general management
· 4+ years biotech/pharmaceutical experience
· 2+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in any combination of the following areas: marketing; project management & planning; sales; analytics
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively produce business results and ensure flawless execution
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction and align work efforts
· Marketing acumen with a solid grasp of marketing strategy, market research, segmentation, brand positioning, and tactical plan development
· Exhibiting passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences with HCPs by understanding their needs and desires
· Experience developing and executing HCP facing marketing tactics
· Demonstrated strength in analytics to translate data into insights and indicated actions
· Creative and innovative, while also possessing analytical problem-solving skills
· Experience working with creative agencies
· Strong bias for action and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to exercise strong judgment and live up to the highest ethical standards
· Ability to build productive partnerships and collaborate effectively in a matrix organization
· Proactive, results-oriented self-starter motivated by a challenging task
· Strong organizational skills - to set targets, track to milestones and complete projects
· Ability to successfully prioritize a diverse workload to meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Ability to be positive, confident, enthusiastic, energetic
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.