Amgen Forecasting Director Oncology, Hematology in Thousand Oaks, California
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
The Forecasting Director of Oncology, Hematology will lead the development and communication of revenue forecasts for in-line and pipeline products in hematology.
Specifically, this person will:
• Develop revenue forecasts for US and Global teams based on key assumptions and in collaboration and agreement with relevant stakeholders (global marketing and product strategy teams for pipeline products; brand teams for in-line products)
• Lead collaboration and partnership with brand leadership; Commercial Insights teams; regional forecasting teams; access, pricing and reimbursement teams; R&D/Center for Observational Research (CfOR) and other cross-functional teams who provide data and/or assumptions for the forecast
• Allocate forecasting team resources to effectively load-balance across in-line and pipeline assets, according to business needs
• Ensure translation of key insights, patient journey and other critical information into product forecasts
• Perform analyses and assessments of market size, penetration, market dynamics, etc. that lead to potential worldwide forecasts
• Synthesize and incorporate findings based on triangulation of multiple sources
• Ensure implementation, collaboration and communication of forecast outputs to all key functions and regions impacted by the forecast
• Present forecasts to relevant product / brand strategy teams, review boards and senior management
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth integration of forecasts into downstream business processes (e.g., Finance, Operations)
• Identify and communicate key risks and uncertainties of forecasts
• Translate and elevate forecasts at senior levels and push back on thinking where appropriate, given robust understanding of forecast drivers
• Support adoption of forecasting best-practices, including incorporating new tools and methodologies as appropriate and with particular emphasis on increasing transparency around forecast assumptions
• Develop forecasting team capabilities via training and mentorship
Doctorate degree and 4 years of forecasting and/or analytics experience
Master’s degree and 8 years of forecasting and/or analytics experience
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of forecasting and/or analytics experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resource
• Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, time series analysis, and simulation
• Disease area experience in hematology
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
• Strong project management skills—able to organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
• Demonstrated analytical skills combined with a client service orientation
• Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to develop and retain staff
• Good understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities in the assigned therapeutic area
• Broad, working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
• Background and demonstrated understanding of global markets
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.