Amgen Director, Information Systems - Product Team in Thousand Oaks, California
Amgen is seeking an Information Systems’ Product Team Director at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. The Director will report to the Executive Director, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and will be part of the OCIO leadership team. The OCIO is a key IS strategic function and trusted partner to the CIO in leading IS to become a business integrated organization. The office provides leadership for cross-functional management of information and technology across the enterprise. We oversee and lead sub-functions such as IS strategy, governance, enterprise architecture, communications and change management, performance management, enterprise service management and learning.
The IS Product Team Director is responsible for developing and implementing a product team and agile delivery strategy in alignment with the overarching IS and Amgen strategies. This role will also be responsible for establishing strategies around project management and large IS project delivery, including the development and implementation of effective governance teams and operating principles. This role will have direct interface with and support of the IS executive leadership team (ISLT).
This role will work closely with other members of the OCIO team as well as cross functional teams in IS and other Amgen functions (such as the Results Delivery Office, Finance and Accounting) to ensure that the development and implementation of agile / product team principles are supported with effective communication / change management and training programs and aligned with company policies and processes.
• Develop, implement and maintain operating principles and guidelines for establishing and running product / agile teams.
• Lead the successful implementation of product teams into the IS operating environment, including partnering with Accounting, Finance, and other IS teams to adapt processes to align with the product / agile team operating environment.
• Partner with the Results Delivery Office (RDO) to ensure that agile team principles and processes are aligned across the organization.
• Establish and implement a strategy for building out a formal scrum master / scrum coach sustained capability within IS
• Develop guidelines and reporting to ensure that large IS project implementations have the appropriate governance and operating structure (aligned to the appropriate delivery methodology)
• Developing a strategy and operating processes around project management, including the evaluation of the use of Project Management as a Service.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Master’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
• Experience in developing, training and delivering results using agile development practices, including scrum and scrum at scale
• 5+ years working for a global pharmaceutical company in technology and/or project delivery role
• Understands the pharma/biotech business model, regulatory process & compliance guidelines
• Sensitivity to diverse groups of people with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives, including tolerance for ambiguity
• Demonstrated reputation as a well-respected, dynamic team player
• Ability to build meaningful connections with stakeholders
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and an ability to adapt one’s approach to a challenge, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
• Capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.