Amgen Contracts & Pricing Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, California
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. As a member of the US Strategic Pricing & Contracting (SPC) team, this Senior Manager is integral to Amgen’s financial sales performance. The Sr. Manager for Contracts and Pricing will lead pricing and contracting activities for Amgen’s key Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers. They will serve as SPC’s single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders for the MCO customers they manage.
High Level Job Responsibilities
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership at the Executive Director, VP, and Senior VP levels. They will be the primary contract owner for their MCO client responsibilities. The Sr. Manager will also contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and net revenue impact analyses.
Detailed Job Duties
• Facilitate review of product pricing requests with internal committees such as Oversight Committee and Pricing Committee for key MCO customers
• Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
• Manage the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgen’s account representative (OCT), Legal and other SPC stakeholders
• Inform the SPC pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that are critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
• Ensure accuracy of all financial analytics as they apply to MCO customers
• Participate in the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customer’s financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, OCT, customers, Legal, and SPC teams as necessary
• Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
• Other duties as assigned
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
Master’s degree and 4 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a bio-pharma or related business environment
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
Associates degree and 10 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.