Amgen Commercial Insights Marketing Analytics in Thousand Oaks, California
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Capabilities, Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) provides the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
The Commercial Insights Senior Manager is responsible for delivering analytics and insights to support the Inflammation franchise (Otezla focused) within the US IBU Marketing organization and the Global Inflammation Marketing team. This includes executing secondary data analytics for reporting/tracking, supporting quarterly business reviews, brand planning analytics, and execution of ad-hoc analysis.
The individual in this role must be comfortable synthesizing data from multiple sources into an integrated picture to understand brand performance. He or she must be a passionate champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision making. Using a variety of methodologies, this role must be comfortable combining secondary data analysis with a variety of insights from other sources into a story for brand.
This position will report to the IBU Commercial Insights Director within Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A) group but will work day-to-day (“dotted line”) with those that own the brands.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Develop secondary data analytics to support marketing and key financial activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews by providing objective, data-driven insights
· Provide senior leadership with an objective and rigorous perspective on secondary data analytics and performance management
· Work cross functionally with marketing, finance, the broader Commercial Insights team, and other stakeholders to develop and communicate assumptions based on secondary data analysis and stakeholder input
· Develop and deliver analysis using complex data sources including account-level demand data, claims data, electronic medical records data, etc. to generate a holistic, objective, and detailed understanding of brand business and to provide actionable insights
· Interpret, summarize, and communicate analyses to drive brand understanding and recommendations for quarterly business reviews, brand performance tracking tools, and ad-hoc requests
· Manage relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
· Enhance the capabilities of the Commercial Insights team by researching and implementing new analytical tools, methodologies, internal and external best practices, new data sources, etc.
· Doctorate degree & 2 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
· Master’s degree & 4 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
· Bachelor’s degree & 6 years of analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
· Strong knowledge of analytic methodologies, as well as marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
· Experience with advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design
· Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
· Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
· Demonstrated analytical skills—understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
· Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
· Working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry datasets and databases
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.