Amgen Enterprise Data & Analytics - Senior Manager in Tampa, Florida
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
Amgen is seeking a Senior Manager who will play a critical role in our product strategy and guide the Enterprise Data and Analytics Platforms from Amgen’s Tampa office. We are looking for a passionate professional who can blend the fast-changing technology landscape of Big Data & Advanced Analytics with the complex and high-impact space of pharmaceutical analytics. The Senior Manager will be responsible to guide a team of talented engineers to develop and maintain next generation Enterprise Platforms. The responsibilities of this role will also include budget, resource management, talent management, vendor management and run operations of the enterprise platforms
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with passion in big data analytics and has experience in leading enterprise product focused teams. Candidate must be extremely customer focused, detail oriented, and well organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Guide a product team of 6-12 FTE engineers to develop and maintain enterprise big data (aws data lake / data warehouse) and analytics platforms
• Lead the product engineering teams in strategy, execution and operation of the platforms – by providing guidance, vision, strategy and direction
• Guide multiple product teams comprised of FTE and CW resources stationed globally, towards delivery excellence
• Collaborate with product managers to develop the roadmap, and drive adoption and re-use across the enterprise – throughout different phases of product lifecycle
• Stay current with technology developments in the Data and Analytics industry, and help steer the evolution of platforms
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer organizations, partners, and software vendors
• Work with customers and business stakeholders to understand the needs and deliver on their highest priority features and requirements incrementally
• Work with PMO and effectively communicate with management team on the platform charter and scope
• Manage budget responsibilities, development of staff, resource planning and goal setting for the team
• Provide guidance, career development support, and mentoring to technical team members, and help achieve maximum potential
Travel: Travel up to 10% may be essential
Basic Qualifications :
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
OR Master’s degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
OR Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
OR Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
OR High School Diploma /GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
Preferred Qualifications :
• 5+ years of management experience in building and guiding enterprise technology team
• Experience working in a product focused organization while keeping focus on clients
• A demonstrated passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data and analytics
• Experience in Architecting Big Data and Analytic solutions on cloud (AWS or Other)
• Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile product development
• Ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and commitment in the team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with organizational and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with different teams and peers in the organization
• Possess an appetite for constant learning, thinking out of the box, questioning the problems & solutions with the intent to understand and solve better
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.