Amgen Senior Associate Scheduler in Singapore, Singapore
The Manufacturing Production Scheduler will be responsible for managing the day-to-day production schedule for Amgen Singapore Manufacturing 1 (ASM1). This is a highly critical role with the core responsibility of delivering a detailed schedule of manufacturing and client activities. This role is also responsible for mapping the flow of production activities for existing and new products and optimizing the schedule based on labor, equipment, and facility constraints. The Manufacturing Scheduler will also be responsible for the scheduling and optimization of product change over activities for plant. This role has visibility and influence over the end to end value stream of the biologics manufacturing plant (from raw material issuance to final drug substance fill).
This role will also offer the opportunity to propose, participate, and lead team improvement initiatives to drive improved productivity and scheduling accuracy. Examples of past team initiatives include schedule adherence monitoring, reporting and scheduling process standardization and automation, and development and integration of advanced scheduling tools (e.g Virtecs).
• Building and maintaining the ASM production schedule
• Integrating the ASM client activity schedule (e.g., maintenance) and Shutdown planning for Manufacturing
• Leading weekly client meetings to review scheduled client activities (e.g., PMs)
• Learning, using, testing and improving existing and potential future scheduling tools and business processes (VirtECS, Excel)
• Leading small team improvement initiatives to improve productivity and scheduling accuracy
• Support plant capacity modeling and new product introductions
• Off business hour on-call support
• Subject matter expert for Product Changeover activities
• University degree & 5 years of manufacturing & operations experience
• BS or above in engineering, math, or science and demonstration of strong analytical competency
• Demonstrated ability to work well with teams, open to change and new ideas
• Strong communication skills - ability to lead meetings, communicate schedule recommendations effectively, and communicate well within team
• Strong analytical and critical thinking capability – able to respond to scheduling changes, gather required data, evaluate options, and communicate analysis recommendations to facilitate decision making
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and error-proofing habits
• Knowledge of facility and manufacturing process
• Knowledge of scheduling tools and systems (MS Project, SAP, PI, Excel)
• Ability to create business processes and standardize work
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.