Amgen Associate Scientist in Singapore, Singapore
A Cell Culture Associate Scientist in process sciences group within the Biologics Drug Substance Process Development department will be responsible for running laboratory cell culture for recombinant proteins. This will involve bench-scale process development and process characterization activities, data documentation, as well as technology transfer for the ASM facility. The candidate will work in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues in Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities.
Participate in teams and collaborate cross-functionally with representatives from other functions and sites to transfer and support drug substance manufacturing processes
Participate in process investigation and improvement
Devise and execute laboratory small scale cell culture studies
Ensure that safe laboratory practices are followed
Ensure that compliance is in place
Master’s degree & 2 years of Scientific experience OR Bachelor’s degree & 4 years of Scientific experience
• A BS Scientist with 6+ years pharmaceutical industry or MS scientist 3+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry which includes participation and contribution to scientific project teams.
• Hand on experience in running cell cultures at bench scale
• Experience in supporting cell culture processes for clinical and/or commercial manufacturing
• Experience in performing process characterization studies utilizing a design of experiment (DoE) approach (and data analysis using JMP software)
• A scientific track record which may include peer reviewed publications, scientific conference participation
• Experience with the use of analytical instruments and interpreting the scientific data based upon these techniques.
• Demonstrated communication and scientific writing skills.