Amgen Sr Regional Medical Liaison-Northeast – ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, DE in New York, New York
(States/Region) Northeast – ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, DE
This position is field-based for the Nephrology Therapeutic Area Regional Medical Liaison (RML) group within the Scientific Affairs organization.
The Senior Regional Medical Liaison (Sr. RML) will interact with Nephrology Healthcare Decision Makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's corporate goals and objectives. The Sr.
RML is an integral position in assuring accurate, clear and valued information regarding our scientific platform is communicated to multiple levels within the medical community.The successful Sr. RML will communicate complex, cutting-edge, scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers including but not limited to those at Academic Medical Centers, Dialysis Providers, and other Nephrology related HealthCare Providers. The role may also include providing clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers.
The Sr. RML will:
• Interact with healthcare thought leaders to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives.
• Communicate complex cutting-edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers, including but not limited to, those at Academic Medical Centers
• Support internal meetings and projects as necessary
• Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
• Identify and train members of Amgen’s speakers’ bureau and ensure they are updated on new data
• Respond to requests for investigator sponsored research proposals
• Support Amgen sponsored research
• Provide feedback based on field interactions with healthcare thought Leaders to Amgen stakeholders
• Respond to scientific inquires consistent with the RML compliance standards,
• Foster scientific relationships between Amgen and Fellows in training
• Lead and/or participate on committees or project teams that support RML strategies and tactics as delegated by RML leadership
• Mentor RMLs as designated by RML leadership
• Seek out opportunities to support the RML value proposition, achieve results and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes
• Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others
• Model openness and innovation through words, actions, and decisions.
Doctoral degree & 2 years of RMLexperience
Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (Other Doctoral Degrees considered)
7+ or more years of experience in a medically related field, including 1 or more years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically related field can include post doctoral training (e.g. residencies and/or fellowships).
3+ years in a medical science liaison role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
Current experience in Scientific Affairs or Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
Nephrology therapeutic area expertise