Amgen Specialist Data Engineer – Data Quality in Los Angeles, California
In this role, you will be part of a high performing team formed by Data Management experts responsible for improving and maintaining the quality and integrity of the data captured in core business systems (e.g. Salesforce.com, SAP, etc.), purchased data (e.g. IQVIA) and the connected data stored in the Enterprise Data Fabric (EDF). You will play a vital role in establishing and maintaining a set of processes and controls aimed at proactively identifying data quality and integrity issues to be surfaced and addressed on an ongoing basis.
You will define and maintain data related KPIs that will be shared in the Data Governance forums, where data anomalies and remediation plans are discussed and tracked.
· Collaborate with functional Data Management, Data & Analytics and Enterprise Data Fabric teams to facilitate the adoption of Enterprise Data Quality frameworks
· Support business data owners and data custodians in utilizing the enterprise Data Quality tool to certify the quality of the data captured in their internal systems based on Amgen’s data quality dimensions: Accuracy, Completeness, Conformity, Validity, Integrity, Consistency and Uniqueness.
· Align with Data Stewards to determine data quality scope
· Assist Data Stewards with data problem resolution when requested
· Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
· Define and maintain Data Quality rules to proactively identify and monitor data quality issues in the Consolidation and Semantic layer of the EDF.
· Define data quality KPIs in partnership with internal data providers Business Owners and EDF Data Domain Owners.
· Support root-cause analysis for data quality issues and collaborate with Business Data Stewards to identify corrective actions
· Lead or execute data remediation and impact assessment efforts
· Assess and facilitate impact analysis of data providers system changes
· Perform data profiling activities on key systems to identify Data Quality issues
Master’s degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
· Ability to profile against data standards
· Advanced knowledge in Amgen-selected Data Quality tools (e.g. Enterprise Data Lake and Informatica IDQ)
· Ability to document Data Quality Business Rules for data elements
· Proficient in Data Governance tool integration with Data Quality packages and tools
· Ability to create Data Quality dashboards and report results to Business Data Stewards and Data Owners
· Strong understanding of relevant data standards and industry trends
· Knowledge of relevant external regulations that impact master data and data management processes
· Ability to understand new business requirements and prioritize them for delivery
· Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala)
· Hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
· Experience with Schema Design & Dimensional data modeling.
· Experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
· Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
· Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
· Hands on experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
· Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
· Experience working with test-driven development and software test automation
· Experience working in a Product environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by
discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since
1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has
reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway
This position is open to remote workers within United States.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.