Amgen Clinical / Local Trial Manager in Istanbul, Turkey
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Clinical Trial Manager (CTM)
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be the primary point of contact to lead, manage and co-ordinate the conduct of clinical trials from study start-up (COLA) to close out (CSR/Archival) at a country level in accordance with ICH-GCP and other applicable local regulations. You will maintain the quality and scientific integrity of clinical trials at a local/country level and actively collaborate with cross functional internal and external partners to ensure timely delivery, budget execution of clinical trial results within the local country.
• Partner with global and local country teams to provide high level country strategy and actively drive study progress and local/country level study delivery
• Accountable for study results and drives key decisions within country
• Planning, management, and oversight of clinical study execution in accordance with the global program strategy, through leadership with engagement of the cross-functional Local Study Team (LST)
• Contribute and develop program/study-specific materials – e.g., monitoring plan, study specific training documents.
• Support and contribute to Clinical Study Teams (CSTs) / Trial Management Teams (TMTs) as applicable, agenda driven, present at meetings when needed
• Communicate country status (including timelines and deliverables) to key partners including updates to relevant systems for transparency
• Accountable for site-level goal setting and study-specific deliverables for clinical sites within their country(ies)
• Manage, oversee and supervise applicable vendor activities e.g., laboratories and equipment provisioning
• Utilize local/country regulatory knowledge to contribute to NAMP provisioning and import/export license processes
• Actively engage and lead local cluster team with LOC from a study perspective (e.g., Local Medical, DOM).
• Provides country level input into the Country Operational Plan (COP) and partner with the Development Feasibility Manager through feasibility and with the Global Clinical Managers (GCMs) to ensure local delivery of the study
• Manage, supervise, and review country and study trends
• Identify and facilitate resolution of cross-functional study-specific issues
• Provide updates regarding the study budget and obtain approval for budget deviations for clinical sites (outside of range)
• Effectively own and bring up any issues related to delivery, timelines, or budget to study team as required
• Conduct on-site quality visits with CRAs where/when appropriate and supports the maintenance of Amgen investigator site relationships
• Implement regulatory agency inspection readiness activities (e.g., TMF review, story board generation)
• Support internal audit and inspection activities and contribute to CAPAs, including leading resolution of issues when appropriate e.g., vendor management
• Participate in cross-functional task forces/process improvement groups
• Assign and lead all aspects of deliverables of study support staff e.g., Study Management Associate, CTS , SASM (Snr. Assc. Study management)
• Coordinate site contracting, budgeting, insurance and payment process by supervising local support roles
• Lead and continually review country level risk mitigation activities to ensure study delivers to plan
• Maintain relevant therapeutic knowledge
• Triage / tailor communication from study / local team to sites to ensure efficient and effective communication flow
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Trial Manager with these qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced knowledge of global clinical trial management
• Doctorate OR Master’s degree
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of leading local/regional or global teams
• Minimum 2-3 years’ clinical trial project management experience
• 7 years’ work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including 4 years of biopharmaceutical clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company
• Experience in management and oversight of external vendors (e.g., CROs, central labs, imaging vendors, etc.)
• Fluency in Turkish and business English
• Must be a local/country expert with proven project management experience locally
• Must be able to build strong site relationships as well as other local relationships to ensure end to end study delivery is met.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
• Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
• A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
• Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney diseases, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.