Amgen Observational Research Senior Manager – Pharmacovigilance Epidemiology in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The Senior Manager of Observational Research within Amgen’s Center for Observational Research will guide the pharmacoepidemiology research to supporting the development, processes, and execution of post-marketing safety studies across Asia. The role will serve as a strong partner with cross-geography teams, cross-functional teams, and the external research community. This location of the role is open within Amgen offices in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or China.
The role is responsible for:
a) Designing and conducting observational studies that make significant contributions to estimating the probability of benefits and risks of therapies:
· Describe the use of therapies and outcomes
· Conduct research to highest standards of the profession
· Lead manuscripts submitted to peer reviewed journals and internal reports
b) Advancing Amgen’s core capabilities to conduct observational research within Asia
· Be an active participant within the external community of professionals for advancing the use of real-world evidence to inform regulatory decision-making
· Leverage and build upon Amgen’s progressing epidemiological methods and innovative analytical capabilities to support Amgen’s leadership role within the industry
· Further establish processes for the operations of observational research
c) Engaging with key stakeholders in local and global cross-functional teams
· Coach and facilitate awareness to the appropriate use and timing of observational research to answer high-priority strategic questions
· Monitor stakeholder priorities and align resources against those priorities
· Communicate significant scientific information to a variety of audiences
· PhD in epidemiology or other subject with high observational research content or MD with a master’s degree in a subject with observational research content
· Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of observation research studies within the pharmaceutical or academic setting
· Record of publications in clinical or observational research
· Experience in observational research project planning and management
· Excellent verbal and writing communication in English
· Experience in the Asia region
· Doctorate degree or
· Master's degree and 5 years of scientific experience
No relocation/visa support provided. Must be eligible to work in one of the mentioned hosting locations for this role.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.